This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, January 9, 2012

A very sad news.....a tribute

She is like a mother to me, but more than that, she is a great and dear friend. I met her 7 years ago. I was starting a new job as site manager and she was one of my assistants. I have featured her in my special people, special places page. She was the second feature I did and I am glad that she has read that.

Today, I found out that she passed away December 30. She had another heart attack. She had quadruple heart bypass a few years back and being diabetic, has had a lot of problems. I called her the night before I left for San Francisco to wish her Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am so glad I had done that.

When I came home, I tried to call her and there was no answer so I just left a message wishing her Happy New Year. But deep inside I had a bad feeling. I tried to call her again a bit late at night and still no answer. I again tried another day early in the morning and still no answer. By then I thought she might have been in the hospital. So this afternoon, I called again and her daughter answered and I knew then that something has happened to her. Her daughter was apologetic that I had to find out this way but she told me, she tried to call me and no answer and she did not want to leave a message.

My only consolation is they have not had the funeral/memorial yet. I believe it will be this coming Saturday so at least I can still say goodbye to her. I had cried the whole afternoon and at a loss wondering who can I ask for advice or just vent over anything that is bothering me. She and I call each other every few days and I will miss that.

She was a wonderful friend, a loving mother, a devoted grandmother and the best great grandmother. She will be missed.

Phyllis, I hope that you are happy where you are now and will be with your Don. I know Katherine had mentioned that you were getting tired and finally decided it was time to go. I will miss you so much. 

Il Divo is one of her favorite singers and we were just talking about them coming to Edmonton this summer. This is for you, Phyllis.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. That's really good that you got to speak to her before the holidays.

    ReplyDelete