This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pot luck lunch.....

Starting this year, every first Monday of the month is pot luck lunch at work. We ask staff to bring whatever they want and one can bring salad, appetizers, main dish, dessert and whatever else one can think of.

The office is close from 11:00 -1:00. While we are eating, we are watching a movie in the boardroom. Yes, we are doing that and it is chick flick moment. This past Monday, we did just that and the movie was "What Happens in Vegas".

I don't know if the idea is to get the morale up as it has sort of gone down after we moved to the new office. But whatever the reason, it worked just a bit. Actually, where else could you work and be allowed to play hooky and watch a movie right there in the office?

For me at least it shortened the work day by about 2.50 hours. We'll see if this will continue and for how long. This office has all female staff, mostly in the same age range except for one. Do you have something like this in your office?

1 comment:

  1. There is 15 of us in my office. 14 females and one male. That poor guy.

    We never do fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete