This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, January 15, 2012

Need versus want.....

Since it is a new year and people are trying to do things to better their lives, health and finances, I was thinking about what I need versus what I want.

Somewhere I read that there are 4 things we need, a roof over our head, enough food and water to survive or maintain our health, basic health care and hygiene products and clothing. All the rest fall into the want category.

Gosh, I really felt bad and may really cut down on all these wants. We can still get a few of the wants but I think now I will be more aware to distinguish whether it is a need or a want for me. Then maybe I will save more. But as a friend of mine told me, she has never really seen me buy a lot of stuff regular price. In fact, she says only one time when I bought a pair of shoes regular price when we were in Camrose. It was a pretty awesome and most comfortable.

But then I bought 3 pairs of boots in San Jose and one of them I need....dressy winter boots. I guess the other two will count as wants.

In any case, it was one of those Aha moment, as Oprah would say.

It snowed this afternoon just after I came back from grocery shopping...a need....don't have any milk and fruits and those are the only things I bought.

It will snow again Sunday and Monday. And I have completed my first week of doing/working out on my treadmill....3 miles everyday. I start the second week tomorrow.

Hope your weekend is going great.

No comments:

Post a Comment