This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's cooking?

Last week, a lady from work brought pre-packaged tomato sauce/pizza sauce. So she gave me 5 packages, then a few days later she brought a whole box of the sauce which has 100 packets of the sauce and I got another 10 or more of the packets. And ever since I have been planning to make pizza with crust made from scratch,

So Monday night with the weather so yucky, I decided to make my pizza and that sauce was just great. I guess I can use it to make lasagna or spaghetti as well. That is my project for this weekend.

I tried a new recipe for the dough and it is easy and turned out good. So after having made this dough/crust I was enticed to start baking my daily bread.

When my two boys were aged 5 and 7, I used to bake bread everyday and remember them waiting for it to come out of the oven and cutting the two ends and slathering butter on top and just munching on them.


This is how the sauce was packaged and I must have 25 of them right now.


I always make pizza in a rectangular tray, because of the size of the recipe of the dough.


And my strawberry concoction...non alcoholic.




1 comment:

  1. I don't think I told you but I made those cheddar garlic biscuits and they were delicious. I want to one day make pizza but I'll cheese out and just buy ready made dough.

    Freshly baked bread slathered in butter (esp if it's whey butter) sounds really good right now.

    ReplyDelete