This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cold weather....

Winter is upon us and the weather is turning really cold. -28 overnight!!! The good news is the forecast for Wednesday is +2. That would be balmy.

Anyway, I believe we have to just accept it and the City of Edmontom is being proactive and has already started clearing the streets of snow and is not waiting for more snow to fall before doing it. And the streets are safer when they do that.

Tonight, a friend and I were going to try Jamaican restaurant and it was a bit of a long drive and when we got there and entered the place which is like family style, she coud not stand the smell of the food wafting through the restaurant so we had to leave. And that was my Jamaican restaurant experience....all 3 minutes of it. Next time I will go with the ladies at work who are more adventurous.

We went out on Friday to Fat Jakks which is Asian and they had lunch buffet which consisted mostly of Filipino food and all the ladies at work loved it. One lady loved it so much she went back twice. And they all loved the dessert ...ginataan halo-halo which is made with coconut milk, taro, sweet potatoes, tapioca, sweet rice balls.

That was nice and the rest of the staff now want to go after hearing good things about it...so Friday might be another day to try it with the other ladies.

And shopping a bit.....long line ups and waiting to check out, maybe go out week nights instead of the weekend. I don't like Christmas shopping.

Go early and be done with it, is what I would suggest to those who have a long list of people to get presents for. Fortunately for me....it is a very short list, really short.

Enjoy the weekend everyone while we freeze out here in the west.

No comments:

Post a Comment