This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, November 5, 2011

My list....the best....

Sometimes when I have people visiting from another city, province or country, I am asked where is the best place to go, get items, eat, shop, etc.

So here is my list of what in my experience would be the best place where to go.

1. fries --- Urban diner, always fresh and made daily, not frozen and seasoned so well
2. bento box --Moshi, Moshi, good price too
3. homemade chips -- Free Press, close to my office but the chips are really good
4. small appliances -- Canadian Tire where you can get Lagostina at 35-60% off
5. fruits and vegetables -- H & W, I have posted this before
6. bread -- Cobs where you can get all kinds of multigrain breads and pastries
7. linens -- Quilts, all kinds of blankets,sheet sets, tea towels, love the bamboo sheet sets
8. toiletries -- Rexall or Shoppers Drug - toilet rolls always on sale -Charmin extra soft
9. one of a kind items -- Winners or Home Sense
10. oil change -- North Star Hyundai -- free for me as I am a Preferred customer
11. chips -- London Drugs, they have a wide range of selection
12. calamari - Treng Thien spicy and not chewy

I am sure you also have your favorite to go to stores to get items for your home or to eat.
I was just at London Drugs and got myself red rice cooker for $22, and mixed nuts (482)grams for $2.74.

The weather has turned cooler but it is still in the plus during the day. -11 overnight, I just turned back my clocks. Enjoy the extra hour, everyone. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment