This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, November 27, 2011

What's baking?

I have been busy today baking and getting recipes I would like to try for Christmas baking. But I still like the mainstay like shortbread, sandies and spritz.

This afternoon, I baked shortbread, banana cake and ensaymada which is like brioche with butter and dusting of sugar and cheese on top. I do not like the cheese part so I omitted that. They all turned out well and I am taking shortbread and the individual sized ensaymadas to work tomorrow.

I am getting excited about baking and having fresh bread. I did not put sugar in the bigger brioche so I can cut up and toast it and make it like regular toast with butter and jam or peanut butter.

banana loaf

shortbread

ensaymada

It was a busy afternoon but very productive.

Another work week, hopefully it would not be as stressful as the last.



1 comment: