This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, November 10, 2011

Remembrance Day

Although this is a day off for most of us working folks, let us not forget what this day is all about. We call different names but the main purpose of the day is to remember all those who have given their lives for all of us...to have freedom and enjoy the kind of life we have.

They have given the ultimate sacrifice...their lives for us to have better lives. I know there are those who did not lose their lives but yet are suffering from wounds, whether physical, emotional or psychological brought on by their experiences.

We read in the news how some are homeless, jobless and alone. I don't think they deserve the kind of lives they now have. Let us do what we can, even if is just buying poppies and wearing them in support of them

I also want to remember those we have lost.... friends, relatives, officemates or acquaintances. Though they did not fight for us, they sure enriched our lives as well.

LEST WE FORGET....

No comments:

Post a Comment