This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 7, 2012

Random mumblings.....What??!!

Last week, I was outside my building waiting for my ride when this retired guy who lives in our building started to talk to two young ladies who were walking and both were texting. They also live in the building.

He asked them..."you two are busy texting" as both of them were holding their phones and obviously texting. One of the girls said....Oh, we are texting each other, it is better or faster. Now.....can someone explain that to me? They were only maybe a foot away from each other. Is that the epitome of laziness or just plain addiction? How could that be faster or better?

Another day, one of my office mate was crossing the intersection and she started when the hand was already flashing. A police car was turning right and the driver turned down his window and told her to walk faster. I don't know if this cop realizes how bad this intersection is....there are cars turning left when the green light has been on for a while.

I cross this intersection a lot every day as I go to different buildings we own just across the street or kitty corner. One day, crossing it maybe for the 7th time that morning, a guy asked me if I will be doing that when winter comes. He said I need underground tunnel which was ironic as just before I came down to cross, we were talking in the office and I said I will put a request for a zip line between the two buildings. What was weird was, how did this guy know I cross that intersection so many times in a day. He must work in a building where he sees me all the time. Now that is scary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment