This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, September 29, 2012

TV watching........

The new tv season has started and there are a few shows I will check out to see if like them. Some of them will not start until mid October or a bit later.

I have already started to watch a few. I just read my niece's blog and she has Breaking Amish on her list. I started to watch it after I had watched Amish Out of Order. I just found it interesting and showed how the Amish lived life after leaving their community. It was done by the National Geographic Channel.

There is also a series on Nat'l Geographic titled American Colony: The Hutterites. It shows the life in a Hutterite community which is kind of funny.

Before I would see them in malls buying fabric and they are also selling their produce in farmers market and I always buy from them because they sell them cheaper.

Another show I have watched a few times is a reality based show about Canadian Border Patrol in Vancouver both on the border to the US and at the airport. I can't seem to remember the title. The music being played at the start of the show is "Would you lie to me?" Very interesting and showed how observant these officers are and how very often passengers/tourists/new immigrants would lie.

I still watch The Voice but it is beginning to be a bit boring except for the four coaches who are now becoming good at being a bit mean and nasty to each other....I guess just for show. I just want to see what will be different this season.

Another series on TLC is The Secret Princes, a show about princes and lords and rich men who are looking for love and don't know how to make coffee, do laundry, toast bread, buy groceries or even boil water. Spoiled men who can't find love within their own social circles and looking for women who will love them for who they are and not for what they are..... rich men! ....give me a break!!!


1 comment:

  1. I saw Secret Princes last week and its quite funny because the Indian prince has no chance. Why even bother when you know all the girls will go for Lord Robert.

    If you are get tired of The Voice, try watching X Factor, it's so emotional and there's so much great talent. Trust me when I say Britney and Demi and much better than Paula and Nicole.

    ReplyDelete