This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, October 11, 2012

Recycling and the cheque....

My place of work is proactive when it comes to recyling. We have one building which won a prize for being a green building.

We have all kinds of bins in our kitchen for waste, plastic, paper, cardboard and so on. Under my desk is a plastic container for recycling paper and another for regular waste basket.

As part of my job, I handle the deposits and any cheques that need to go to the bank or to a vendor.

One day, I was working in the reception area and Fed Ex came with a package. I opened the package and took the envelopes inside and gave to the recipients and threw the package in the recycling bin.

Then I had to go help across the street in one of our new buildings and did not come back until close to lunch, In the meantime our Project Manager was looking for me and looking in my desk for a cheque intended for him.

When I came back, he was after me for his cheque and I told him there was none for him and he was adamant and I too was determined to let him know there was none for him. When he told me that there was one sent by our head office in the same Fed Ex package and that it was close to a million dollars, I got worried and when I thought about it, I realized it might have been still in the package which was now in the recycling bin.

Thank God, it was still there and the million dollar cheque was inside the package. I don't know maybe because it was so big, it did not fall off when I did it the first time.

From then on, every time a big cheque comes...they will say....do not give it to her. I guess I will never live this down. There have been cheques more than that and it goes to the intended recipient. A lesson learned....check the inside of the package or envelope. There just might be something big there.

No comments:

Post a Comment