This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, October 22, 2012

Surprise on the street.....

Last Friday afternoon I had to go to our other building across the street to train our new manager. I told the reception, I wasn't coming back and I will be going home from there. I had to meet a friend for dinner.

While busy with training, the phone rings and it is for me and I was told to go back to the office and bring the two ladies with me. I asked why and they would not tell me. Before coming here, a lady at work told me she has given notice and will leave at the end of the month. I just thought that the announcement will be made.

On the way there, an office mate was telling people walking on the side walk it is my birthday. It was the next day. But people were wishing me Happy Birthday.

We were back and the reason was thay they bought cake for me and gave me flowers. It was nice of them to do that. On my way to meet my friend, I was waiting to cross, I must tell this.....I cross this busy intersection so many times during a work day. So while waiting for the green light, a man driving looked at me as I was carrying this package which is obviously flowers. He smiled at me, turn down his window and with a smile told me..."Wow, you got flowers," exactly his words and smiled and drove on.

The people behind sort of laughed.....well, what a great way to end a hectic day!!!!

This was what was inside the package I was carrying crossing the street.
 
Another work week, as always let it pass quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment