This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Friday, February 3, 2012

Rewind, Reconnect, Reminisce...

Rewind to 1979 in the Philippines and Christmas music can be heard over the radio and the stores and everywhere was decorated with Christmas lights and decoration. It was Christmas season and I believe  my sister and I were visiting my cousins on my father side. We were invited to have dinner or lunch with them.

We have not seen them for years after we immigrated to Canada. I remember it was fun as my aunt/Tita Lydia was funny. It was supposed to be some sort of family reunion but she decided, it was just going to be us and them so the rest of the relatives were not invited.

Sad as it sounds, that was the last time we saw each other with hardly any kind of communication. Then last night my sister forwarded an email to me from my cousin Nodie. It was a shock and a big surprise at the same time. Again, it happened through internet and facebook and seeking and googling people and sometimes you get lucky and find the people you are looking for.

Now, we are trying to update each other on what is happening in our lives and reconnecting and starting to reminisce. I am delighted to hear my aunt is still alive and hopefully I will be able to talk to her one of these days. But also sad to hear that the rest of the relatives have passed on.

I am sure my dad would be beaming knowing we have reconnected with his side of the family. And we will continue to do so, this is only the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment