This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Really balmy weather!!!!!

This morning we woke up to a really balmy weather +9 degrees. I could not believe it. I had to take a second look at the tv screen to confirm what I had just seen. That was a nice surprise. According to the weather people, the last time we had warm weather like this was in the 1920s.

At lunch, the staff at work was treated to lunch at the Edmonton Petroleum Club......a place where the who's who of the oil companies go for lunch. It was a nice spread with a nice buffet. The chocolate desserts were amazing. I was too embarrassed to take pictures of the food. The shrimp cocktail should have been called prawn cocktail, the shrimps were BIG!

We came out of the club and it was snowiing!!! What a surprise again! Only in Alberta.

Today I found out I was in the short list of applicants for a job I had applied for last week. And the other one I applied for, the recruiter is submitting my resume to a company I have heard good things about. I had my phone interview last night. I am hoping that I get one of these jobs, it would be nice way to start the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment