This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, December 19, 2011

Gifts, presents and cookie exchange....

It is nice to get something we don't expect. It is sign of thanks, appreciation and just plain spirit of giving.

At our office, I do a lot of the contracts and so I deal with a lot of trades and when I find that they do a good job and the price is right, I tend to give them a lot of business. And during this time, they show their thanks and appreciation.

So in the past few days, we were discussing in the office that it seems like the trades have been affected by the world's economic problem. We did not get any baskets or boxes of chocolates and it is almost the middle of December. But then the trades have started to come and it is nice to be thought of at Christmas.
This is the first basket I got and it is from our snow removal company.


This trio is from our eaves trough company

These two ginger bread houses from our real estate guy. He also gave each of us a bottle of wine.

This trio, that's Tim Horton's card from our flooring guys.

This is one of the cookie exchange, home made biscotti which is yummy and I don't know the name of the cookies, but very tasty as well.

This is made with dark and white chocolate, something different, from one of my resident managers.

I am sure there will be more this week but I will be away from the office starting Thursday and will also miss our Secret Santa but will open mine when I get back after the New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment