This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas memories.....

This was one of my Christmas memories, quite a long time ago. I think this happened when I was 8 or 9 years old. And yes, I do remember it vividy.

Back in the Philippines, we celebrated every Christmas at my grnadparents house. Our celebration was on Christmas Eve and we would have late supper called Noche Buena at around midnight or a bit after,

Presents were given but before you can receive yours, the children had to sing. I do not sing and this was just a pain in you know where for me. I literally hated this part of Christmas. At first I would start to sing and by the time I am on a second line of whatever Christmas carol I chose to sing, I would be in tears. Finally, I had enough of it. I did not care if I ever get any Christmas presents. I would just refuse to sing.

I know at one time everyone had their presents and they started opening them and I still did not have mine and I remember it well, it did not bother me that much. But somehow an aunt or someone else would give me all my presents.

I was relieved that when we got older and was receiving envelopes instead of presents and we did not have to sing anymore. I think this episode in my life somehow tarnished my enjoyment of this holiday. And I hated the relative who was responsibe for this. Thus....karma....I do not have any kind of relationship with this person now.

Today, I still don't sing even if my life depended on it. Sometimes, my sister would ask me to sing with her and that is the only time, usually when the two of us are drivng.


This wsa the song I remember singing and stopped when I was just on the holy night, so the third word of the song. Of course, it was the standard one, this was a different cover of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment