This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, October 9, 2010

A poem for Gino

As part of a new feature in my blog, I am featuring friends and relatives who's got talent in any form of art. The first one is my sister, who after the death of my father and her son started writing poems. I believe it was and is her way of dealing with grief.

From the time my nephew, Gino passed away more than 2 years ago, she has written poems in honour of him. His birthdays, anniversary, thanksgiving, Christmas and New year, I feel it is her way of reconnecting with him as well as remembering him.

This one is most touching and one of the best poems she has written. I am posting this with tears in my eyes but a good way of remembering him. One of the things I am thankful for is knowing who he really was as a person when I stayed with them in 2007 and he and I did all kinds of stuff.  So whereever you are Gino, Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you got to spend that time with Gino. You guys had this routine going on. You taught him how to cook and you guys also exercised together. I am sure he also enjoyed getting to hang out with you. He was such a fun guy and we all miss him terribly. Those who had the privilege to know Gino in the most recent years, know that he was quite different from the quiet, shy Gino that he was known for as a younger kid.

    I will always remember the one New Years Eve we spent together and even the drunk karaoke night we spent at your house. See - that is how much fun Gino is.

    ReplyDelete