This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Driving vs. Walking

When I started my new job, I did not have parking for the first two weeks. So since it was still nice (weatherwise) I decided to walk 16 city blocks one way. Going home the weather is warmer so I walked the same 16 blocks. It was very exhilirating and good for my diabetes and it would help me get in shape. It took me 30 minutes or less depending on whether I hit red or green lights at intersections. Closer to the end the view is so wonderful of the river valley.

Last Friday, I got my parking pass and drove to work. The morning drive was fine, I can choose nice spot for parking in the lot. On my way home, with all the traffic and construction, it took me 23 minutes and it was upsetting. So now I don't know whether I will continue to drive or walk until the weather gets cooler. If I take the transit, sometimes the busses are so crowded that I end up standing anyway. I now do my walking at lunchtime for half an hour. Oh, the problem of working downtown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment