This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, October 23, 2010

Little things mean a lot

A new feature here. A while back I was cleaning up, getting rid of stuff I do not use or don't like anymore. And I had come across stuff/things I have kept for some reason or another. And then realized that I still have them because they mean a lot to me at a certain time in my life. There are also things that I know I will keep for the rest of my life. Here is the first one.....for a very different and special reason.


Yes, just two pairs of earrings but they are special. Back in October of 2006, my sister Luckie, her daughter, Alysia and son, Gino visited me here in Edmonton. Actually they came to visit mother who was in the nursing home.
It was also just before my birthday, so we went out shopping. I love earrings and while we were in a store and I was looking for earrings to buy, Gino came around and told me he was going to buy me and he will choose the style. And these are the two. So special then because no men had given or bought me earrings in my life, more special now because Gino is no longer with us.
Small, simple, not expensive but has become little treasures.

1 comment:

  1. Gino was great at picking out gifts. He took his time on selecting and put lots of effort into it.

    He always bought me video games. The best gift was when he bought me a gameboy with a variety of games in a really cute carrying case.

    Something that will always haunt me was the last Christmas before he passed away, he bought me the boxed sets of Grey's Anatomy and Beverly Hills, 90210. I got mad at him and said that he shouldn't have bought me a gift because he wasn't working and I wanted him to save money. Apparently from what my mom tells me, he was quite upset that I felt that way. I feel so guilty about it now because he was so excited to have bought me those gifts.

    He was such a thoughtful person and I should have appreciate his thoughtfulness instead of telling him what to do.

    ReplyDelete