This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pecan tarts a la Gino

This weekend I used my leftover tart shells and made pecan tarts. I remember a few years ago I came to visit my family in Mississauga just before Christmas and we baked all kinds of Christmas goodies. Tarts of all kinds!!! Gino, my nephew baked his version of it and put chocolate chips instead of raisins. So in honour of him I made this version the same and hence the name.

Last weekend, I tried buko pandan using jello that is already flavoured with pandan. Nene from Yellowknife has been  looking for this type of jello so I bought and made it and it actually tasted good.


1 comment:

  1. You know that Gino and I are siblings because we dislike the same things. Raisins are one of them. The way Gino made his tarts is exactly the way I would make it.

    ReplyDelete