This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, December 1, 2012

bj's - Livermore

When one is on , you want to try to eat at different restaurants especially the ones you do not have at home.

Just before the US Thanksgiving, my sister and her hubby and I wanted to check out the new Paragon Outlet at Livermore. It was crowded and we did not stay long. We were getting hungry and decided to try bj's in Livermore.

The place was crowded and the menu looks good. We just ordered appetizers and drinks. I ordered calamari, sister order the lettuce wraps and my borther-in-law ordered chicken wings.

I love calamari and would order it if I hear the place had good calamari. Well, when the calamari arrived, it was mostly tentacles. Unfortunately, we did not take pictures. I have never had this kind, there were probably only 5 or 6 at the most of squid rings. We kind of complained but they said that is how the calamaris come.

If I am not mistaken, a squid only has a set of tentacles and out of it you can have maybe 6 or 7 rings so I do not understand the explanation at all. We ate it but was not too happy. In most restaurants, you may get 3 tentacles and the rest are rings. Go figure.....

Not going back there......a big disappointment!!!! Will not recommend it to friends who are going on vacation in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment