This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 2, 2011

What's cooking/baking?

As a lot of you reading my blog know, I am on a diet and doing well with it. But that does not mean, I don't cook or bake anymore. I still do and enjoy it although I don't much of what I bake.

Update.....I have lost 11 lbs and maintaining it and still try to lose a few more. But the best part is that my blood sugar is now quite stable and I am sure I will not go on insulin for now.

I have a lot of support at work and very thankful for that.


Empanada I tried with a different dough recipe


Beef curry as I wanted to use the peppers I planted.


Salmon dinner with some fancy rice, I made mango salsa, again to use the tomatoes and peppers from my balcony garden. Jared cooked the salmon. I guess he is trying to practice for the new job he has at the Urban Diner.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and found bread that had gone bad and I wanted to eat omelet. So I made buttermilk biscuits from a new recipe but will post picture later. It was nice to eat fresh from the oven biscuits with butter. Yummy!!!!



1 comment:

  1. One day, I want to try and make empanadas of my own. I would want to put shredded chicken in mine.

    ReplyDelete