This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday brunch.....

Today, we were supposed to go for brunch at Jared's restaurant, Urban Diner. We wanted to try their Eggs Benedict which is their signature brunch item.

So we were on our way at about 11:30 and since it is about 4 blocks away, we decided to just walk. As we got closer, there were people outside and we thought they were smokers. But in fact they were waiting and as we opened the door, there were people waiting to be seated. The wait was half an hour.

Since Jared works only the dinner shift, he had no idea how busy it is during brunch time and even mentioned that he is glad he does not work that shift at all.

We were so hungry that we decided we were going to go to Denny's instead and it was the same. I could not even get parking spot. We then decided to go to Ricky's Grill and again there was a line up. It was lunch time by then and we were going to try a sushi place and still crowded.

We ended up getting take out at Mucho Burritos. I had a medium one and I could only eat half of it. Of course it is not anything like the Eggs Benedict but it satisfied our hungry tummies by then.

Maybe we will try again another Sunday and go early...as soon as they open...9:00 a.m.

Back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I found the website to the diner. The brunch looks really good. I think I would get the fried egg sandwich. I really want to eat bennies though but I don't like runny eggs. My mom would totally get the diner hash (well that is what I see her eating).

    This diner looks like a cool little place. The food is simple diner food but is plated really well to make it look like more than just diner food. I would love to try the quiche, so cute in the ramekins.

    Good luck next time to you and Jared. You definitely have to go super early for brunch. People wake up early for the best meal of the day.

    ReplyDelete