This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, October 13, 2011

A day in the life......Yellowknife

As I have posted before I spent five days in Yellowknife. We lived there for 23 years and it was a good place. A small community then where you know a lot of people.

The last time I was there was three years ago and this time it seems like it has grown a lot since then. I always go to Walmart which I call the "meet and greet" place. A lot of Filipinos work there and a lot go there to go shopping. And that is where I see old friends to say hello.

I went for a long walk with a very good friend of mine, must have been 6 kilometers. My grand nephew came with us as well. Half way, we stopped at Tim Horton's to have breakfast. It was refreshing, the weather was cool and it was a good way of seeing the changes.

I intended to take a lot of pictures but the weather did not cooperate. It was a nice visit and I enjoyed it a lot.

This was two blocks away from my cousin's house. Photo was taken by Mitchell.

The vacant lot is where my parents house used to be. The house was demolished a few years ago.
I believe this was the first residential high rise and the penthouse was where the Royal Family stayed when they visited the North a long time ago. The penthouse burned and this was the new penthouse.

The #16 kid is my grand niece who is the only girl member of the team. I managed to watch her the past two times I have visited.

Victoria in action. She scored a goal but was not counted for some reason.

For those of you who have not been up North, you should try and visit especially in the summer time where it is beautiful and lots of things to do.
I had Thanksgiving dinner with the Rankin family but I forgot to bring my camera and I had asked Mitchell to email me the pictures, unfortunately he has not done it yet so I might post it later.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see more photos. Nothing looks familiar to me. I guess I was pretty young when I left.

    ReplyDelete