This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, August 7, 2011

A day in the life.......

It was a short but busy week and so I was looking forward to the weekend. I was sick and tired of doing newsletters for the properties I have in my portfolio and rewording ads. There comes a time when you ran out of words to describe a suite or the lobby or the grounds.

Saturday, I woke up early even though the thunderstorms the night before kept me awake. A friend and I had a date to go for lunch. But before that, I had to water my plants, do my 3 miles on the treadmill now that I don't walk to work because of the rain. I was listening to the news and heard that for the month of July, there were only 4 days we did not have rain. No wonder my plants are not doing well.

A shower and time to gert ready. She picked me up and went to Moshi, Moshi which serves Japanese and Filipino food. I had my camera with me and as usual forgot to take pictures. But the lunch  was good. And then on to shopping, this time just for food and we looked at stuff over at Giant Tiger as they have the slow cooker on sale...half off. I got ingredients for puffed wheat squares, this is one of my guilty pleasures and I could eat half a pan if I do not watch myself.

I went for a short walk by the river valley and took my camera. So it was not a busy day but just enough things to do, I did nto get bored. I managed to squeeze some reading on the balcony in the afternoon .

So how did you spend your weekend?

Hot air balloon over the river valley.

One of my green peppers plant which I almost yanked out thinking there was no peppers but they were hiding. So I have about 15 peppers from 3 plants.


Still waitng to turn purple.

Cherry tomatoes...there is still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment