This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On a diet....

I have gained weight since I started this job almost a year ago. As a diabetic I cannot be overweight and need to lose weight soon. So today, I started this diet and will see how I do with it. There are a few foods that I am not keen on eating but will do my best to follow it strictly. The only nice thing about it is, it will be for 3 days and I go off it and then can go back after 4 days depending how much I need to lose.


It is from the American Heart Association. It is almost like a regular diabetic diet, mostly the breakfast menu. For supper I am allowed vanilla ice cream which could be the highlight of the day. For lunch I had toast and tuna and never realized I did not like plain tuna. So the third day supper has tuna so I am not looking forward to that.


Lunch for tomorrow is cottage cheese which I don't like that much but better than plain tuna. So hopefully I will lose the weight and when I see my doctor, I will escape being put on insulin. I am petrified of needles so I have been trying to keep my weight and my blood sugar level on track.


By the weekend I will post if it has been a successful diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment