This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thunderstorms, mosquitoes....etc

It was a short week but a lousy one in terms of weather. Rain, thunderstorms and more rain. I looked out the balcony and the Saskatchewan river has  risen a lot and with more rain I won't be surprised there would be flooding by the river valley.

With the wet weather, the mosquitoes have come in droves. Monday is our golf tournament and with the onslaught of these pesky buggers, I decided not to go. I get severe reaction to mosquito bites so I do not want to take the risk. So one other staff and I will be at work. I don't really mind it, I get to finish work I have set aside due to the Slave Lake disaster.

And yes , Will and Kate visited the disaster town. And now the town is in the midst of flood due to the rains and thunderstorms and the highways are closed. As they say, when it rains it pours and literally.

It is still raining so I won't be going to the farmer's market either. I am glad my plants survived the howling and strong winds yesterday. I was ready to accept they will not survive. So this might be a stay-in weekend.

I hope you are having betterweather than we are. I know my niece Alysia is enjoying her trip to Las Vegas and hitting all the hot spots. I wonder if she is going to the designer outlet.

Enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't go outlet shopping...too much partying at night

    ReplyDelete