This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, July 24, 2011

Edmonton Indy experience....

Fantastic!!! exciting! loud! and a wonderful experience. I did not think I would enjoy it but I did and might be a bit hooked on it already.

The day did not start out great as I had to pick up an office mate and come back to my place and take a cab from there. On our way back to park my vehicle, there was a fire on my street and they had blocked off part of the street and I could not enter our parkade so I had to leave my vehicle on the up ramp parking for the day.

As we got to the venue we did not know which gate to enter so we just took the one closest and when I showed the usher my ticket to find Grandstand 1, he pointed the way and said you have to walk. About 20 minutes later, I understood what he meant when he said "you have to walk."

Here are some pictures....my camera died after they announced "Gentlemen, start your engines".

That is grandstand 1, in front of it is the pit alley.

Yes, these are not cars but the military had some exhibit there, this is one of them.
One more military stuff..2 tanks.
The pace car.
The next are some of the cars on display.

Marco Andretti's pit crew right in front of us.

Danica Patrick's car and crew.

Paul Tracy's Make a wish car, he was out early...first lap.
The Penske team trailers, left one with that big awning on the side.

The drivers parade to their cars.
The cars on the grid with flag of their country and name. This is the car of one of the female drivers Ana, I don't know her last name.

So being very close to the pit crews, it was amazing how fast they do change tires and gas up the cars. Danica Patrick's crew was so fast, one pit stop was I think 9 seconds and we thought Andretti's at 13 seconds was fast.

The winner was Will Pwer, second place was his Penske team mate, Helio Castroneves and third was Dario Franchiti.

That was my first Indy and I think will not be my last. The tickets for next year's Indy go on sale October 31. Hmmmm, I wonder if.....

No comments:

Post a Comment