This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, July 30, 2011

Long weekend.....

I wanted to start this long weekend being productive so I was up early and did my grocery shopping. I wanted to try the new produce store in the west end which an officemate recommended. I like shopping early, there are not a lot of people yet and I get out of the store faster and no line ups.


I got all of these for $22.00 which I think is good.

When I got home after passing by T & T, I wanted to make iced tea from scratch, instead of iced tea, I got burned by the tea as the pitcher did not take hot temperature and tea splattered and got my legs. With tea water all over my kitchen floor, I had to clean it up and had to move the stove as it went under it. What a mess!!!!

I did filing and cleaned up. I had on load of laundry and done that as well. I am looking for recipes to use these two jars of pickled beets I got from a friend.


I have tasted it and they are yummy.

So a day almost gone, and I will sleep in tomorrow. I always say to myself I will do that but this time I will do it. Have not done that in a long time.

I hope everyone enjoy the long weekend.


1 comment:

  1. you can make a nice beet salad although you need to get the golden and white beets. Then add some crumbled goat cheese and caramelized walnuts. Eat these with some nice fresh french baguette. Yummy and very healthy.

    ReplyDelete