This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, June 11, 2011

A tribute to Mama.......

We all call her Mama, even a few friends of mine who knew her call her that as well. To everyone she is Christina Zolina.  A sad news,  Mama passed away last Wednesday. She was 96 years old. She was in Vancouver with all her loved ones.

I remember when they lived here and we visited a lot on weekends. Her bedroom was her pride and joy and it was always clean and decorated with all her knick knacks and pictures of her with her children, grand and great-grand children of which she had many having such a big family.

When they came to visit us, she would play the piano which was nice. She did a lot of travelling and visited her children in the US and in the Philippinges.  I remember her cooking her style of fried rice and cleaning Patrick's room.

I last talked to her a few months ago and she was getting weak and her memory was not  good anymore and she does not have good appetite. She would say that she is ready to go and I believe finally God heard her and took her to be with Him.

She had a wonderful and memorable life. She was a beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She will be terribly missed. Rest in peace Mama,


A musical trubute.


A song to remember her.

No comments:

Post a Comment