This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another year gone by.....

Yes, another year has passed and I am trying to start the new year on a positive note. 2010 was a trying year for me. It was also a time when I had to make a lot of changes in my personal and professional life. Some are for the best, a few had to be done just because.

This year I am going to try my best to better myself, in my job, how I handle my finances and really prepare for my retirement which will come soon enough. I don't know if I am looking forward to it since I have tried to do semi-retirement 3 years ago and I got bored and went back to work. If I still enjoy going to work, I might work until the time I feel this is it.

The first thing I have resolved to do is to watch my diet, not necessarily losing weight but to eat healthy and doing my exercises. I have just realized that I like walking and I do it as much as I can when the weather is warm. I have managed to walk at least 16 city blocks everyday and really enjoy it. I even look forward to it.

These are not resolutions, I think of it as just improving my life and enjoying my life. In fact, this past holiday I stayed home a lot and just relaxed and did nothing. Although I was able to accomplish what I set out to do, clean and organize my storage room and also my closet and drawers.

So I feel and believe like this will be a good year for me. It will also be a big milestone. So here is to a great start and hopefully a great end as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment