This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rewind, Reconnect and Reminisce

A great all inclusive resort. Villas, flowering shrubs, fruit trees and ponds. This is where I met 2 guys from the Dominican Republic. One is a friend of my sister and the other his bodyguard. We were all there to share and witness the wedding of my niece.

I was asked by my sister to entertain them and be the host. So during the reception I was sitting beside the bodyguard, Pedro and trying my hardest to have a conversation with him in Spanish. Thank God I had taken Spanish for four years during my college. After the reception, we all went to the lobby and had drinks, though I don't think they did.

At this time I had asked Pedro to sort of pretend to be my bodyguard and it was hilarious. We had pictures taken but out of respect to him and Elvis, I will not post the pictures. They asked if we go back to the DR to get in touch with them. After this, we have emailed back and forth a few times.

June 2010, I had the chance to go back to DR and Pedro picked us up at Excellence Resort and took us and gave a tour of Santo Domingo.  He took us shopping and ate a real Dominican meal on a roadside diner. We had the best of times and reminisce about the wedding. We met Elvis at a very nice restaurant and we had dinner. Since it was too late to go back to the resort, he booked us in a five start hotel all expenses paid. Just can't believe the hospitality he showed us. In fact, Elvis told me, next time I should call him first before booking a trip as he could get us cheaper accommodation. Maybe I will take him up on his offer

This may not be after a lot of years but it is one of those situation where you think you will never see them again. Elvis and Pedro, it was great to reconnect and reminisce and maybe someday, we will meet each other again.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was great that Elvis and Pedro came down to Punta Cana for my wedding. They were extremely nice and I hope the next time I am in the Dominican Republic, I will get the chance to see them again.

    ReplyDelete