This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 19, 2014

Long distance relationship

Does it work? It takes a lot more work than a normal relationship. It also depends a great deal on the commitment of the individuals involved. I really don't know if there is a difference on how far the distance is.

I believe that trust and loyalty are the two values each person needs. I know 2 people who were on long distance relationship and it worked for both of them. They are both happily married.

I on the other hand was involved in long distance relationship for 6 years and thought it would work but sadly didn't. I can say that I'm the loyal one and the other individual could not commit or be loyal. But we learn from it and we move on.

It is part of life's experiences. I was once asked what I got out of it and my reply was....lots of Aeroplan points. That is the truth!!!!

Would I do it again? It would depend a lot on what type of a person I'm getting involved with. I would be careful and maybe be more observant. 

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Any relationship works whether long distance or not, as long as both sides are committed to make it work. I was very lucky to be in a long distance that actually worked. One day, you will find that special someone.

    ReplyDelete