This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 12, 2014

Away from home

A while back, a few friends and I were talking about friends or partners who work away from home for a few days, weeks or months. We wanted to find out how the person who is left behind handles the situation.

Each has his/her way of dealing with it. One says it gives her a break if it is only for a few days. One whose kids are younger misses the help and extra hand. I really have no experience with this except one time when my ex husband had to go out of town. It was hard as our kids were still young. It was he who had a more difficult time being away.

My sister did this in her former job but she was on a long distance relationship so it was not a big deal.

 My next door neighbour is away 3 weeks at a time but he is not in a relationship. I guess you get used to it and have trust but no matter what it is not an easy situation.

I have asked a friend to guest blog about this topic. 

These photos courtesy of RBR who works in gas pipeline and works away from home most of the time. Currently, he is in Limassol, Cyprus. That's him. 

               



No comments:

Post a Comment