This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Friday, April 15, 2011

The week that was.......

So glad it is Friday! This had been a very busy week at work. We were short staff by two. And I had been doing the job of two and this week, of three. I am going to sleep in and just do nothing although I want to do some baking/cooking.

And winter came back!!!! 15cm of snow fell yesterday, after I had just washed my vehicle. We were supposed to try a Sri Lankan restaurant close to work but the roads/sidewalks were nasty. They have good lunch buffet and it would be a first for me. I don't know much about their food but I know they have curries.

I also have started crocheting a baby blanket which my sister will give to her husband's daughter-in-law. A different design I have seen in a book and a bit complicated but looks great. I will take a picture once it is done.

Driving...yes, I have started to drive again and it feels good to be independent and last Tuesday, I parked for the first time in the building's parking lot and when I got off work, the pigeons or whatever welcomed my vehicle with poop on the windshield, not one, not two but 7 clumps and big. It had dried and I had to drive straight to Bubbles to wash it off. A few on the hood and door as well. Ooooh so annoying!!!!

I am sending birthday greetings to an aunt in Yellowknife who is turning 98, yes 98 tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the day.

What is your plan for this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it snowed in April there. What is wrong with this weather. Today in Toronto, it is cold and raining. It shouldn't be like this for mid-April.

    I will be leaving for Cuba in a couple of hours. I finally decided to use that free trip I won.

    ReplyDelete