This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, April 10, 2011

Childhood memories......

Three weeks ago, a couple of friends of mine and I went grocery shopping at T & T at WEM. We were hungry and for lunch we went to this family owned restaurant called Mooshy Mooshy. The menu is Japanese and Filipino.

I was not in the mood for Filipino so I had a bento box with California maki roll. Sheryl had an assortment of Japanese dishes. Her hubby chose to have fried rice, native sausage, tapa and fried eggs.
When his plate came, I could smell the garlic in the fried rice which is how we do fried rice in our country.

This brought back a childhood memory. When I was young kid, I hated the smell of garlic being fried and I would go to extreme measures not to smell the garlic. I could not eat this fried rice, I would rather go hungry!  As I got older, it did not bother me as much and I can eat garlic peanuts or some other dishes we have that have fried garlic as condiment.

I could not believe but I could smell that fried rice and just amazed at how I liked the smell. So the next week end, I tried to make the garlid fried rice with different meat with it. So now once a month, maybe twice, I would make garlic fried rice and here are two different versions.


Garlic fried rice with chiken wings and pickled papaya.


Garlic fried rice with chinese sausage.


1 comment:

  1. I like the second photo. Fried rice with chinese sausage and egg reminds me of my mom.

    ReplyDelete