This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter childhood memories.....

My sister and I were just talking and she asked me if I remember something about angels on Easter Sunday.  Back home when we were young, probably 8-10 years old, the First Communion service for the students was always done on Easter Sunday.

The lady who was in charge chose 2 girls to act as angels. I do not know why but I was chosen to be an angel for a few years. I wore a white dress and something on my head that looks like halo and also wings. For some reason, I thought my sister was chosen at least once but she said, she was never chosen. When she had her first communion, I was chosen to be an angel and that made me think she was as I can even see the picture in my mind.

I don't know if that meant anything to be chosen and act as an angel. It was a nice memory and I am glad my sister grew up not resenting it and does not have to go to therapy because of it. Like what her husband said "for her it was a traumatic experience/memory".

Not to worry sis, you are an angel in your own little way.  But now it makes me wonder, was I that well-behaved or good when I was young to be chosen.

1 comment:

  1. You were definitely chosen because you are truly an angel when it comes to taking care of everyone except yourself. You are so good to people around you and sometimes I wonder when they will realize what they let go. I am so glad we have those memories to remember our childhood.

    ReplyDelete