This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, April 9, 2011

On the menu........


Fruity and frothy!!!
This is my new drink that I like to make and it is so easy and good for me as it has less than 50 calories. It is made with strawberries, ice cubes and diet 7up or Sprite and so refreshing.


Crispy chicken wings!!
So easy to make and crispy on the outside and very moist inside. It does not take long to make and I love having it on Friday nights with different kinds of sauces/dips.


Magic bars
I baked this to give to a friend of mine. Another one that is easy to do. And you can mix and match nuts and chocolate chips or butterscotch or skor


Pineapple filled bars
One of my favorite bars because of the combination of pineapple and coconut and not too sweet.


Prime rib roast
I had this when I had a couple of friends over for dinner. I always order my prime rib from Sobey's and it always perfect and good. And I always roast it just medium rare. I served this with homemade gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and steamed broccoli


This weekend I am trying my hand at making something with my puff pastry. And I am going to try a different recipe of buttermilk biscuits/scones. Sometimes I do not know if I am making scones or biscuits. Are scones made with butter and biscuits with shortening? Do scones include eggs? I might have to google it.




1 comment:

  1. I would do strawberries and ginger ale. I am going to try this when I start to go to the farmer's market in June to get fruit.

    ReplyDelete