This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter weekend.....

It will be a nice weather for the Easter weekend, I went out with flats on and hardly any snow on the sidewalks. I don't know if this trend will continue as I have seen the white stuff on the Weather channel, I think sometime next week.

I have plan of walking to work starting April 1 but will see how the weather turns out. While I was out Good Friday, a friend mentioned that it does not even feel like Good Friday. Before the stores would be all closed and it is not busy on the street.

The only day stores are closed during the year is Christmas day and even then there are some stores/business open on that day. How times have changed.

I don't know what we are having for Easter dinner but it will possibly be salmon. Usually I would have ham but nobody feels like eating ham this time around. Maybe we will just order pizza!!!

Crispyoatmeal cookies with nuts and raisins, I haven't baked this in years.
 
Mocha chiffon cake with chocolate frosting, have not baked this so I just wanted to bake and it turned out good, brought most of it to work and they liked it, moist and not too sweet.
 
I bought a box of mangoes with 8 of these big fruit from Peru and I made salsa which was so good, followed a recipe I saw online. These were so big, I can only eat half of it and save the other half, I brought them to work as my dessert.
 
I hope you all have a Happy Easter and enjoy the extra days off work.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment