This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, March 16, 2013

A funny thing happened.......

At the office, most of the staff stay in for lunch especially female staff. This Friday, there were four of us having lunch and discussing turkey and how to cook it.

Our accountant who is Asian has never cooked a turkey before and so before this day, we were telling her how easy it is and when to take out the frozen turkey and how to properly thaw it.

We told her to google it so she knows the temperature and how long to cook it and whether she wants to cook the stuffing with it.

S told her she also needs a thermometer to make sure that the bird is cooked properly. So our new cook told a friend she needed to get a thermometer, the friend told her I will get you one.

The next day, her friend gave her the thermometer and she looked at it and was wondering if that is the thermometer.

When we were having lunch, she told us she has the thermometer but she thinks that this is not what she should use. And when we asked what kind, she said it was the regular household thermometer. At this time we were all laughing so hard and thought of all kinds of things that could have happened if she had used that thermometer. So we told her it is meat thermometer and we described it to her but finally one staff printed a picture of it online.

It was the funniest lunch room conversation we have had in a while. Tonight is her dinner and I hope she used the correct thermometer, I am sure she will as I went to the store with her after lunch to get a meat thermometer. And advised her just to get packaged ready to make gravy. I did not want her to get overwhelmed trying to make gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment