This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, March 24, 2013

A change for the better.....

Well, after the really nasty snowstorm last Thursday where we actually got 27 cm of snow and we were sent home early, the weather has finally changed and it is almost like spring, sort of.

For once drivers adhered to the suggestion not to be out if you do not have to get out somewhere, that when they were grading my street which the main downtown street, there were hardly any cars out.

So last Friday, a friend and I went out for a bit of shopping and out for dinner. We decided to go to a new place which is close to where I live and I pass by it once in a while.

It's called Tiramisu and they offer pasta, pizza, panini and salad and desserts. I had the spaghetti frutti mare, pasta with muscles and prawns with pasta sauce. As usual I do not have pictures of it. My friend had penne with 3 cheeses and mushroom. Both dishes come with garlic toast.

The atmosphere is casual and there was a guy playing music but it was bit too loud. The service was excellent and we enjoyed our dessert, gelato in a waffle cone. I had the vanilla mango and Carole had the blackberry.

We did not find what we were looking for in terms of clothes but we bought some groceries while we were at the store. All in all, an enjoyable Friday night with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment