This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, April 1, 2013

2 pounds.....

I saw my doctor last Tuesday. My lab tests were not bad but it was not good either. My cholesterol is 2.9 and I should be 1.9. My blood sugar was 7.7 and it should be under 7. My blood count is down 107 and it should be 120 which is normal

My doctor had put me on different prescription for cholesterol but I experienced really bad side effects. High cholesterol and diabetes run in our family. So that in itself is double whammy for me.
He said we just have to accept that fact and try to lose a bit of weight and maybe cut out some carbs which worked for me before.

I am petrified of needles and so I tried hard not to go on insulin but I need to bring my weight down. I need to lose 12 pounds and maintain and I would not have to go on insulin.

I started my diet on Friday and lost 2 pounds. That is a big deal as I am one of those persons who have a hard time losing weight and I do not eat a lot. A lot of my friends and office mates and relatives can attest to tha.

So two pounds is really good. I will post my progress as I feel that would be a great motivation. The fact that a lot of the female staff at work are trying to lose weight is also adding to the extra motivation. I hope to accomplish this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment