This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Goodbye landline....

It was not such a hard decision but I finally cancelled my landline and just using my cell phone. I have unlisted and unpublished number and I paid extra for that every month but lately I have been getting calls from telemarketers...as many as 6 a night. And this does not count the ones I missed while I was at work.

So last Saturday I returned the box to Shaw. I don't think I am missing anything without having a home phone. At least it is peaceful without having to hear it ringing and looking at 1-866 or whatever 800 number is calling.

I even have unlimited long distance within Canada for $10/month....a lot cheaper than what I paid for my unlimited on the home phone.

Now I am looking at my tv bundles and will try and cancel bundles I don't watch a lot. I subscribe to the movie channels but the movies are not that great lately and they show same movies at different time in different channels....like recyling them so I might cancel it later as well.

I have to call or email some friends to let them know to call my cell instead of landline. So for those of you who want to call me...call my cell and if you do not have it, email me and I will give it to you.

Enjoy the rest of the week...over the hump now.

1 comment:

  1. I have been debating for month's about getting rid of our landline. We don't even have an answering machine anymore. My dad got rid of his too!

    When you get a chance, please email me your cell number, I don't know if I have it.

    ReplyDelete