This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, September 11, 2011

What's cooking?

Since I have been on a diet, it seems like I have not done a lot of cooking/baking. But I still am doing these things but not as  much as before. Yesterday, I decided to make empanada but tried a different recipe for the dough. It turned out really well.

While looking over the weekend flyers, I noticed that butter is on sale at Shoppers Drug, the regular price there has always been the lowest so I always get my butter from there. And lately I have also been getting baking items and some other stuff as when they are on sale, the prices are really reduced.

My sister already told me I have to cook/bake particular dishes when I visit her this Christmas so I am trying to see if I can find better recipes but most of the time I stick to my tried and true recipes.

A different way of cooking adobo, I pan fried it first and then simmer on low heat and it came out nicer and with nice browning.

I took a picture of this fried egg as the yolk was really orange and not the bright yellow we are accustomed to seeing. And I don't know but it tasted a lot better.

This was part of the diet I was on and I sort of look forward to it as I could not stand tuna. I am still on a diet but almost the diabetic one.
Puffed wheat squares which I love but brought most of it to work for the ladies.

I wanted to make some brownies but will wait since I did not want to sabotage my diet. I have gotten the results of my lab tests and the best news is that my LDL (bad cholesterol) is .97, yes you are reading that right. If it got any lower, I may be the only person I know of who almost have no bad cholesterol. Isn't that amazing?

Since the weather had been really nice most of the week, I have done a lot of walking even today I had walked about 15 blocks, 6 of that with a bit of rain.
Hope your weekend was enjoyable or at least productive.



No comments:

Post a Comment