This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Wednesday, September 28, 2011

To market, to market.....

Last Sunday, I decided to go to the market early in the morning. I have no particular list of what I was going to get, just whatever was fresh and good. So I saw a lot of nice produce and got a lot so I won't be going shopping this coming weekend.


So here is a list of what I got....

5 lb bag of potatoes
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 canteloupr
3 peaches and cream corn on the cob
1 bag of sweet onions
2 red onions
1 pkg of blue berries
4 granny smith apples
4 gala apples
5 plums
5 kiwis
6 limes
2 mangoes
1 napa cabbage
1 regular cabbage
1 bag of navel oranges
1 bag of white mushrooms
2 asian eggplants
2 zucchinis
1 jar of salad dressing
1 pkg mixed baby greens salad
4 grapefruits
1 pkg of snow peas
4 garlic heads
ginger
a bunch of green onions
All for $41.00 and few cents

I consider that really great. I did not get tomatoes or peppers as there is an abundance of it in my balcony and they are coming out of my ying-yang. Freezer full of tomatoes for future sauces.
My peppers were seedless from one of the plants and it is nice just cutting it for stir fry or salsa without having to bother about scraping the seeds.
I still have lots of cherry tomatoes - hopefully enough till next week.


Seedless peppers


1 comment:

  1. That a lot of produce for only $41. We need to shop where you shop.

    ReplyDelete