This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter is upon us........

Fluffy, pristine white, wonderful to some, annoying for others, it all fell on Wednesday morning and wreck havoc on our streets. As usual Edmonton drivers do not change their driving habits and think it is still summer. They don't slow down, they run the lights, and do a lot of other stupid things.

Winter is finally here, guess I should not complain, it came a month late. I am sure the snow will stay and for those who like white Christmas, they will not be disappointed. This is the time of the year when I think...."what am I doing here????", "it is time to move somewhere", and all those thoughts. But this is my home and I guess I just have to accept it with trepidation.

So, I went for a short walk, bought groceries and enjoyed the adventure. As long as there is no nasty wind and I am warmly dressed, it is ok and I know I will survive another winter here in Northern Canada.

To my friends and relatives in Yellowknife, I know how you feel, to my sister in California, I am green with envy, to my niece and her hubby in Toronto, you are luckier than us but not by much. So let us all enjoy the white stuff ( I am not talking about California people) because we can't do anything about it.

Now, I have to go and call Hyundai and make an appointment to get my winter tires put on. Still deciding whether to get new rims for it or continue to have it taken out from the summer tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment