This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Little things mean a lot

A few years ago, I had to have some serious medical treatments. Since I do not have relatives here, I made it my mission that I would go to these treatments by myself. A few friends would drive me to the centre but I would go in by myself. For the first few times I was on my own. Then the mother of a friend of mine sent me a stuffed animal from the Beanie Babies Collection. This one is "Tender" born February 10, 2004 which is exactly 1 year later to the day I went for my first treatment.

From the time I received this baby lamb, I have always brought it with me and was with me for all my treatments. I know the nurses found it weird and cute. But it helped me deal with my illness and my hope and wish that soon I will have to retire her and would not have to bring her anywhere. She was always inside the pouch of my purse.

And that wish has come true, she is now retired, hopefully for good. She now rests on my night table and has been there enjoying her retirement. My wish now is that she won't be coming out of her retirement. So to Gladys, I appreciate the thought and you don't know how much this lamb meant to me. Another one of those little things that had become a treasure.
Post script
The card from the collection has this little poem

Please be quiet, don't make a peep
This little lamb is trying to sleep
I need my rest just like you do
When I wake up, I'll play with you.

3 comments:

  1. Tears formed in my eyes when I read this post. I am sorry that we are not there for you during the difficult times but it sounds like you have got some really great friends and a little lamb to get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you get emotional and I get emotional from your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pinky

    I have been reading your blog and want you to know that I find it inspirational and brave. You are a courageous person, and you inspire me to be a better person. Your ABC’s will resonate with anyone who has experienced some of life’s ordeals, and come out of them a wiser and more compassionate soul. I learned a lot about you that I didn't know. Thank you for sharing yourself in this way. It is a gift and a blessing. And, thank you most of all, for always being a true friend.

    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete