This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dinner theatre review

As I have posted a while back, I won two tickets to the Mayfield dinner theatre. We went to see it and it was awesome.

First the buffet, Mayfield Inn has been known to have great dinner buffet in Edmonton. So it did not disappoint this time. The quality and quantity is superb. I have never had prime rib which  literally melts in your mouth. The red wine au jus gravy was awesome. The salad and pastas and desserts were all spectacular. Well worth the ticket price although I did not have to pay.

Now the show, musical extravaganza of the songs of the 70's. From Neil Diamond, Chicago, Joe Cocker, Rolling Stones, Village People, Gladys Knight, Motown groups, Rolling Stones, and all stars of that decade was represented. The cast wore costumes of the era and the hair as well. The band accompanying the singers was really great. The show was hosted by Cheech and Chong and it was quite hilarious for the two performers. It was about 21/2 hours long.

We were seated in a booth right in front of the stage and it was the best seat or booth in the house. I will rate it 4/5 stars. I don't usually check what is on at Mayfield but from now on I will try and just check what is on and get to more of the productions there. For all of you Edmontonians, you should check it out. Super Groovy of the 70's Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment