This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hot, hot weather....

Today, the temperature reached to 33 Celcius and it felt like 43 Celcius. Now that is hot and then you come to work and then later realized the air conditioning is not working. Fast forward to about 3 or 4 hours of no AC and the office is getting stuffy and hot because the sun is directly shining on my windows.

So we send one of the guys to buy as many fans as there are desks in the office. Then the receptionist and I drive literally across the street to escape the heat. We bought bag of ice and iced tea mix and watermelon to help cool us down. It actually did not help, maybe just a bit.

At quitting time which for me is 4:00pm, I was excited to be in an airconditioned suite only to find the AC at my home is not working either. So I go downstairs to the office to complain and then the power goes off.

So now, I am stucked in the lobby with other residents, since we cannot even use the stairs. But I wasn't about to go up 23 floors after I just had pulled muscles in both my thighs and it is starting to just heal. We were told it will be about 6:00pm when power could be back. It is not even 5:00pm yet. So I sat in one of the chairs and just waited.

My son came down the stairs, knowing I had just gone down and thought I might have been stuck in the elevator but he kind of knew I had taken it a few minutes before.

By 5:30 the power came back on and we all trooped down the lobby to go up. We were told that it was because of the heat, a lot of AC were turned on and it was just too much so they had to do rotating power black out.

I bellieve it will still be another scorching day tomorrow. Right now, we are expecting thunderstorm and the wind is starting to blow and dark clouds are hovering around us. I just hope the AC at work has been repaired.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, sounded like you're in the 'ole "Candid Camera" set up.
    Whoa Nelly!

    ReplyDelete