This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, July 20, 2013

Good news.....Sad news....

Last Wednesday while checking my mail, I received a wedding invitation from family friends of 30 years. We all lived in Yellowknife and they came from Ontario.

This couple have three kids, all girls, two are twins.  The youngest one is getting married this September and I am thinking of attending the wedding so I can also see family and friends there.

Almost the same time, I got a call from my cousin and she told me that another cousin who has cancer is really not doing well and might only have days to live. I am close to her and she is such a very good and generous person. I did not know that the cancer was in stage three when it was diagnosed and the treatment was really hard on her. I am praying that it will be short and painless.
Love you Nil and thank you for your generosity and kindness. I will remember all the conversations we had and your understanding specially about one really difficult situation.

And then my sister called me this afternoon letting me know of a childhood friend had passed away in San Francisco and that she is going to the visitation. It had been a lot of deaths lately and it is really sad. To all their families, my sympathies and love.



For you Nil.


No comments:

Post a Comment